- PRICING & OFFERS
- EXPERIENCE BUICK
AS SHOWN: $26,7551
- MSRP¹ STARTING AT:
- MPG (CITY/HWY)
ON THIS PAGE:
Inside the 2013 Buick Verano luxury sedan you'll find everything has a purpose. From the premium materials to the right amount of trunk space, our designers went out of their way to make Verano comfortable and purposeful. You’ll find premium craftsmanship and design everywhere you look along with exceptional seat comfort. When it comes to the driver, Verano makes you the center of attention, keeping you in control while putting you at ease.
The 2013 Verano luxury sedan is as elegant as it is beautiful. Verano’s signature black chrome waterfall grille and chrome accents, jewel-like projector beam headlamps, stunning 18” forged alloy wheels and sophisticated sculpting fall in line with Buick's impeccable sense of design. New for 2013, Verano Turbo takes the sleek style of its predecessors to the next level with dual, chrome-tipped exhaust outlets, door handles and a sporty rear spoiler.
The 2013 Buick Verano delivers a refined, responsive performance with a powerful 2.4L dual-overhead-cam 4-cylinder engine, variable valve timing and E857 capability, while the all-new 2013 Verano Turbo delivers impressive power with its 2.0L Ecotec®250hp 4-cylinder turbocharged engine and 0–60 mph in as little as 6.2 seconds. This luxury sedan is thoughtfully engineered to grip the road with full-function traction control and responsive maneuverability.
The 2013 Verano luxury sedan is loaded with purposeful technology that helps you focus on the drive while staying connected. Take to the road and let the outside world slip away thanks to our advanced QuietTuning technology. Then personalize your drive with advanced connectivity technologies such as Buick IntelliLink10 and available GPS navigation system.
Your Verano has its own command center, and it’s calledIntelliLink10. This high-resolution, full-color, voice-activated easy-to-read 7" touch-screen display combines radio and optional GPS navigation for the ultimate in drive customization and peace of mind. Seamless smartphone connectivity means you can even listen to your favorite Pandora® or Stitcher Radio® playlists
ONSTAR OWNER APP AND REMOTE CONTROL
Owning a Buick is now more convenient than ever with the OnStar RemoteLink5 app. Turn on your vehicle, lock the doors, and even check if you need gas right from your phone. In addition to OnStar, other remote-access features include remote vehicle locking/unlocking, remote vehicle start,11 and a vehicle locator.
BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM
Let the 2013 Verano take your music to the next level with its available 9-speaker Bose® Premium Audio Speaker System, featuring 7-channel digital custom equalization and subwoofers.
In addition to its available Bose speakers, the 2013 Verano has a conveniently placed USB port8 so you can find all your favorite iPod or MP3 player playlists while on the road.
The thoughtful thinking in the 2013 Buick Verano went beyond a sculpted exterior and comfortable interior to include performance and fuel efficiency. So while style is nice, it's even nicer when it gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 32 mpg14 on the highway. Planning a weekend road trip? Verano's 15-gallon tank (approx) means less time getting gas and more time enjoying the drive. For more on Buick Fuel Efficiency, visit our Buick Fuel Efficiency Page.
Attention to detail is evident in the number of standard safety features in the 2013 Buick Verano. Drive confidently knowing you are backed by 10 air bags3, ABS, full-function Traction Control, 6 months of OnStar with Automatic Crash Response4, and a comprehensive child seat LATCH system. In the driver's seat, enjoy the peace of mind of thoughtful technology that is designed to handle whatever the road throws your way. For more on Buick Safety, visit our Buick Safety Page.
Ten standard air bags3, including frontal, head curtain side air bags, front and outboard rear-seat side-impact air bags and new knee air bags. The head curtain side air bags deploy in a rollover crash.
ONSTAR WITH 6 MONTH DIRECTIONS & CONNECTIONS PLAN5
Drive with enhanced peace of mind with OnStar Automatic Crash Response and 6 months of the Directions & Connections Plan. So if you're lost or involved in a crash, you’ll never have to find yourself stranded.
2012 TOP SAFETY PICK
The 2012 and 2013 Verano were recently named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The Institute rates vehicles based on high-speed front and side crash tests, a rollover test, and evaluations of seat/head restraints.
The excitement around the Verano continues to grow as automotive critics and everyday drivers are getting the opportunity to drive one. So don't take our word for it—hear what others are saying.
1 The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Buick vehicles' destination freight charges.
2 Go to gm.com/bluetooth to find out which Bluetooth phones are compatible with the vehicle. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth® SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by General Motors is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
3 Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.
4 Before making a lane change, always check the SBZA display, check the side and inside rear mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards, and start the turn signal.
5 Visit onstar.com for coverage maps, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.
6 Requires iPhone, Android or select Blackberry platforms and active OnStar subscription, which is standard for 6 months.
7 E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. Find E85 stations near you.
8 Not compatible with all devices
10 Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and Smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity. Data plan rates apply.
11 Requires factory installed remote vehicle starter system.
12 Additional charge, premium paint
14 Verano EPA-Estimated 21 MPG city/32 MPG highway.
† Covers scheduled oil changes with filter, tire rotations and 27 point inspections, according to your new vehicle’s recommended maintenance schedule, for a maximum of 4 service events within 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. See dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
†† Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.
*If you subscribe after your trial period, subscriptions are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms atwww.siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. For more information about Travel Link, visit siriusxm.com/travellink. XM satellite service is available only to those in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
2013 model-year vehicle's projected cost to own for the initial five-year ownership period is based on the average Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own data which considers depreciation and costs such as fuel and insurance. For more information, visit www.kbb.com.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaBuick VeranoManufacturerGeneral MotorsAlso calledBuick Excelle GT (别克英朗GT)Production2011–presentModel years2012–presentAssemblyUnited States: Orion Township, Michigan(Orion Assembly)PredecessorBuick Skylark
Pontiac Vibe (United States)
Pontiac G5 (Canada)ClassCompact carBody style4-door sedanLayoutFront engine, front-wheel drivePlatformDelta IIEngineEcotec t/c I4Transmission6-speed automatic
6-speed manualWheelbase105.7 in (2,685 mm)Length183.9 in (4,671 mm)Width71.4 in (1,814 mm)Height58.4 in (1,483 mm)Curb weight3,300 lb (1,500 kg)RelatedBuick Excelle XT
Opel AstraDesigner(s)David Lyon
The Buick Verano is a front engine, front-wheel drive layout, four-door, five passenger, compact sedan manufactured at the General Motors Orion Assembly plant in Orion Township, Michigan. The Verano debuted at the North American International Auto Show on January 10, 2011 during a preview of Buick's then upcoming 2012 model.. It is the first compact marketed by Buick in the United States since the 1997 Buick Skylark.
The Verano — along with the Buick Excelle GT, which was developed for the Chinese market and produced in China and the European and the Opel Astra sedan, which was presented at the 2012Moscow International Automobile Salon — shares General Motors' Delta II platform with the Chevrolet Cruze and the corresponding mini-van models, Chevrolet Orlando and Opel/Vauxhall Zafira Tourer.
Verano is Spanish for summer.
The Verano's unibody construction utilizes galvanized steel for its front fenders, hood, roof and door panels and thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) bumper covers. It incorporates acoustical laminated glass, triple door seals, a five-layer interior roof liner, sound absorbing mats, recycled denim insulation and specially manufactured 18-inch forged alloy wheels, which minimize road noise.
Rear view (2013)
The standard powertrain is a 2.4 L Ecotec direct-injected DOHC I4 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The 2.4 L engine is rated 180 horsepower (130 kW) at 6,700 rpm and 171 lb·ft (232 N·m) of torque at 4,900 rpm. The engine is flex-fuel capable, meaning it can use either gasoline, or E85 ethanol, or any combination of the two fuels. EPA fuel economy estimates are 21 miles per US gallon (11 l/100 km) city and 32 miles per US gallon (7.4 l/100 km) highway for gasoline. A 2012 on-road mixed highway-city review by the website MPGOMATIC showed an average 26.5 MPG on E85, and 29 for gasoline.
A 2.0 L turbocharged version became available in late 2012, for the 2013 model year, as well as a 6-speed manual transmission. The 2.0 L turbo engine is rated at 250 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. GM estimated acceleration from 0-60 mph is 6.2 seconds, matching the number posted by the Buick RegalGS.
EnginesPetrol engineEngineDisplacementPowerTorqueTransmissionModel Years2.4 L Ecotec I4 (Flex-Fuel)2384 cc182 HP at 6700 rpm171 lb·ft (232 N·m) at 4900 rpm6-speed automatic2012-2.0 L Ecotec t/c I41998 cc250 HP at 5300 rpm260 lb·ft (353 N·m) at 2000 rpm6-speed automatic
6-speed manual (optional)2013-
SalesCalendar yearSales (US)2011*265201241,042 
- Sales in the US began in November 2011.
- General Motors Company 2011.
- Lienert 2010.
- Jacquot 2011.
- Smith 2011.
- Kranz 2011.
- Ulrich 2011.
- Schwegman & Federico 2011.
- Lassa 2011.
- General Motors (2012-06-12). "2013 Buick Verano Turbo Debuts with 250 Horsepower". GM Media Online. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
- "General Motors January 2012 Sales". CheersandGears.com. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- Barkholz, David (2011-01-10). "Reuss: Buick Verano helps GM compete in all segments". autonews.com. Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "Schwegman said he expects the mix of Verano buyers to be 50/50 women to men and lots of young professionals, including those with small families, in their 30s to 50."
- Jacquot, Josh (2011-01-06). "2012 Buick Verano - 2011 Detroit Auto Show". insideline.com. Edmunds, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "Buick's latest offering, the 2012 Verano, which was revealed at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show, is the smallest car in the company's lineup."
- Kranz, Rick (2011-01-06). "Buick banks on Verano compact to grab more import buyers". autonews.com. Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "The Verano was co-developed with GM's operations in China. The Chinese version, the Excelle GT, has been on sale in that country for about six months."
- Kranz, Rick; Federico, James (2011-01-07). Buick Verano Compact Sedan: Regal's Little Brother (Shockwave flash) (Web video). Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "All the key Buick cues are with the car. It has the waterfall grille, the ventiports, the key styling that's very taught around the vehicle. Probably not a sharp edge around the car. It's the way Buick flowing design is, even up to the Enclave. So it fits the family quite well."
- Lassa, Todd (2011-01-06). "First Look: 2012 Buick Verano". motortrend.com. MotorTrend Magazine, Source Interlink Media. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "It "has the kind of proportions not unlike the LaCrosse," notes Buick design director David Lyon, with its long cabin and sleek aero."
- Lienert, Paul (2010-10-07). "2012 Buick Verano Confirmed for U.S.". insideline.com. Edmunds, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "LAKE ORION, Michigan — As reported by Inside Line back in June, General Motors today confirmed that its new premium compact sedan will be called the 2012 Buick Verano."
- Lienert, Paul (2010-12-06). "2012 Buick Verano Price Range: $21,000-$26,000". insideline.com. Edmunds, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "The compact Verano was officially confirmed for production in early October."
- Loveday, Eric (2010-06-10). "Buick Excelle GT sedan debuts in China, U.S. version expected next year". autoblog.com. AOL Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "Later this month, the all-new 2011 Buick Excelle GT sedan will hit dealer lots over in China."
- Migliore, Greg (2011-05-20). "Name game: Why the Buick will be called Verano". autonews.com. Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "But the idea behind the latest Buick was to snare an upscale-sounding name to lure to new customers to the brand."
- Peterson, Andrew (2011-01-07). "AUTO SHOWS: First Look: 2012 Buick Verano". automobilemag.com. Automobile Magazine, Source Interlink Media. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "Buick’s push to find a younger customer base may have started with the Enclave crossover and continued with the 2011 Regal, but the quest continues with the launch of the 2012 Verano....“Verano expands our lineup, continues our momentum, and gives us a great opportunity to attract a new generation of customers..."
- Schwegman, John; Federico, Jim (2011-01-10). "Remarks by John Schwegman (US Marketing Vice President for Buick/GM) - 2011 NAIAS Buick Press Conference". 2011 NAIAS Media Press Kit. General Motors Company. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "Here's the Executive Director and Vehicle Chief Engineer for the Verano...Jim Federico."
- Smith, Rachel (2011-01-06). "2012 Buick Verano Unveiled". usnews.rankingsandreviews.com. U.S. News Rankings & Reviews. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "The Detroit Auto Show begins next week, but Buick decided to reveal the Verano – the automaker's new compact – a little early."
- Treece, James B. (2011-01-17). "Buick Verano: Do Americans get it?". autonews.com. Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "This is about GM trying to wring some extra sales out of a vehicle whose engineering was already done...Buick (read GM) needed this vehicle in China, and so they built it."
- Ulrich, Lawrence (2011-01-06). "Buick Seeks Younger Buyer With Verano Compact Sedan". wheels.blogs.nytimes.com. The New York Times Company. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "If the Verano’s price estimates are accurate, they would be roughly $3,000 to $4,000 more than the Chevrolet Cruze sedan on which the Verano is based.... Both models share G.M.’s global small-car platform and first went on sale in China, with the Verano badged there as the Excelle GT."
- "Buick Introduces The All-New 2012 Verano" (Press release). General Motors Company. 2011-01-06. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "Models: 2012 Buick Verano Body style/driveline: four-door, 5-passenger front engine transaxle; front-wheel-drive compact car"
- "Orion Assembly Site". media.gm.com. General Motors Company. 2011-04-07. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30. "Products: Retooling for launch of new products: Chevrolet Sonic and Buick Verano"
- Buick Verano official website
- Buick Excelle XT/GT official website (Mandarin Chinese)
- Opel Astra International website
- Buick Excelle GT/Verano forum
- Buick vehicles
- Compact cars
- Front-wheel-drive vehicles
- Motor vehicles manufactured in the United States
- Vehicles introduced in 2011
- 2010s automobiles
- This page was last modified on 21 June 2013 at 17:23.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.