Take one look inside the all-new 2014 GMC Sierra and you’ll see clearly why this is the new standard in truck interiors. Sierra’s interior brings comfort, refinement and convenience to a whole new level.
A CUT ABOVE OTHER TRUCKS
Attention to detail, interior craftsmanship and quality appointments make the all-new 2014 Sierra a cut above other trucks with available:
- Durable, soft-touch instrument panel materials and door trim
- Aluminum trim on instrument panel, steering wheel and center console
- Contrasting stitching
- Available All-Terrain model with carbon fiber-styled seat trim and red stitching
THE NEW STANDARD IN TRUCK INTERIORS
Sierra’s cabin is engineered to provide you and your passengers with a quiet, comfortable experience. Features contributing to cabin quietness include:
- Triple door seals that block outside noise
- Shear body mounts that improve ride by tuning out vibrations
- Improved aerodynamics which reduce wind noise
- A valved exhaust system that reduces engine noise
- Hydraulic powertrain and body mounts that reduce vibrations
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
Style meets substance inside the 2014 Sierra. From the exceptional storage space in the center console, to comfort and convenience features, Sierra truly has no peer. Features include:
- A center console big enough to store hanging file folders, laptops and much more is available with bucket-seat models
- Dual-density seat foam that holds its shape longer and keeps you comfortable
- Larger controls that are easy to reach and read
- USB ports and 12V charging outlets
- Available 110V power outlet
- Improved rear-seat legroom on crew cab models
- Locking under-seat storage on SLE models with front bench seating
Sierra’s available EcoTec3 5.3L V8 engine offers the best V8 fuel economy in any fullsize pickup3 at an EPA-estimated 16 MPG City and 23 MPG highway(2WD). Rated at 355 HP and 383 lb-ft of torque, the EcoTec 5.3L V8 offers an available class-leading max trailering of 11,500 lbs4 when ordered with the available Max Trailering Package (Double cab, 4x2). The 4.3L V6 is rated at 285 HP and 305 lb-ft of torque, and has an EPA-estimated MPG 18 city/24 highway (2WD). The 6.2L V8 will be available this Fall. Sierra’s all-new EcoTec3 engines are paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission and are based on 50+ years of proven small-block performance. Direct Injection, Active Fuel Management and Variable Valve Timing technologies make each of those engines more powerful and more efficient than ever.
COIL-OVER-SHOCK FRONT SUSPENSION
This fully independent system is precisely tuned for improved handling. The front shock module has been enhanced to increase road isolation in response to even smaller vibration inputs. A thicker spring isolator and a higher spring rate produce a more controlled ride.
DURALIFE™ BRAKE ROTORS
This ferritic nitrocarburizing technology is a GM-exclusive patented process that hardens and strengthens rotors. Duralife®protects against corrosion and can double the life of the rotors compared to conventional rotors.
DRIVER CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
- Available Hill Descent Control allows for a controlled descent in rough terrain
- StabiliTrak® with Traction Control helps you stay on course, even during sudden maneuvers, by intelligently managing braking and throttle to help keep the vehicle on its intended path
- Available Automatic Locking Rear Differential for increased traction
- New electric variable-assist power rack-and-pinion steering system improves efficiency and provides better on-center feel at highway speeds
- Driver Shift Control lets you shift gears up and down with the tap of the shift selector
- Trailer Brake Controller provides fingertip control and monitoring of your trailer brakes
From innovative cargo-box features and a stronger foundation, to striking new styling featuring details that make it truly stand apart, the 2014 Sierra is clearly a respected leader in the truck market….by example.
DESIGNED TO WORK SMART
The 2014 GMC Sierra is evidence of our “Never Say Never” approach to engineering. These innovative features are designed to make working in the cargo-box easier:
- CornerStep rear bumper provide easy access to the box even with the tailgate lowered (standard on all models with chrome bumpers)
- Four moveable upper tie-down hooks help you manage cargo of many shapes and sizes
- Available LED box lighting to help you see inside when a tonneau cover is installed or when a flashlight isn’t handy
A STRONGER FOUNDATION
The powerful presence of the new Sierra is built on a foundation of Professional Grade engineering. Delivering a refined ride and the capability and strength that you expect, Sierra is built upon:
- A fully boxed frame of high-strength steel for improved ride and handling
- Stronger and larger axles
- Shear body mounts that reduce vibration and deliver a smoother ride
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
It’s the little things that set the all-new Sierra apart. That’s abundantly clear with design details on the 2014 Sierra such as:
- Projector headlamps
- LED signature front lighting on SLT models
- Chrome grille surround
- Chrome bumpers
- Wheel arch moldings
- Available rear wheelhouse liners
- Available chrome belt moldings
The all-new 2014 Sierra sets a higher standard with purposeful technology – to help you stay connected and in control.
The available 8" Color Touch Radio with IntelliLink5 lets you customize your media and connect to your world. Features include:
- 8" customizable, Color Touch-screen
- Natural Language voice command
- MyMedia which connects media libraries from multiple devices
- Customizable “Favorites” which lets you save albums, songs, artists, destinations and contacts
- Bluetooth® connectivity6
- Smartphone integration for hands-free calling and phone book access
- Ability to stream Pandora® Internet Radio7
- HD Radio
REAR VISION CAMERA
The available Rear Vision Camera helps to provide clarity and peace of mind while maneuvering and parking your Sierra — even in the tightest of spots. It provides a view behind the vehicle, which is displayed in the radio screen.
A refined pickup needs to both work and play intelligently. We’ve engineered the 2014 Sierra with innovative features designed to keep you confidently in control. Standard features include:
- Trailer Sway Control
- Intelligent Brake Assist
- Ultrasonic Front and Rear Park Assist
- Driver Shift Control
- Hill Start Assist
- Tow/Haul mode
To keep going even when the pavement ends, the available All-Terrain Package includes the Z71 Off-Road Suspension, Hill Descent Control, a high-capacity air cleaner, underbody transfer case shield protection and Rancho® Tenneco shocks. Further enhancing its unique appearance are a body-colored grille and bumpers, 18" chrome aluminum wheels and a carbon-fiber-inspired interior on SLT models.
Sierra owners expect outstanding power when trailering and hauling, and excellent efficiency when highway cruising or commuting to work. The all-new Sierra EcoTec3 engines deliver just that. Sierra’s available EcoTec3 5.3L V8 engine offers the best V8 fuel economy in any fullsize pickup3 at an EPA-estimated 16 MPG city and 23 MPG highway (2WD). All three engines feature three sophisticated technologies that work together to optimize power and fuel efficiency. No other competitive pickup offers all of these technologies standard in any of their engines.
For precise fuel distribution and fast, efficient combustion, all engines benefit from this technology. Gasoline is injected directly into the combustion chamber of the cylinder, allowing for a higher compression ratio.
ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT™
By sensing load and power demand, Active Fuel Management™ activates or deactivates four of the engine’s eight cylinders (two cylinders on V6) to meet driving conditions.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For responsive driving and bold power, this technology allows for different valve timing at different engine RPM and operating conditions to maximize performance.
The 2014 Sierra’s state-of-the-art safety and driver alert technologies provide peace of mind and help prepare you for the unexpected.
DRIVER ALERT TECHNOLOGIES
Sierra’s advanced technologies pair intelligent engineering with driver-centric safety, using cameras or ultrasonic sensors to watch where you might not be looking. These available technologies include:
- Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning. Sierra is the first pickup to offer these technologies, which let you know when you are approaching another vehicle too quickly or when you’ve left your driving lane. Both provide visual alerts and allow you to choose from additional audible signals or seat vibrations
- With Lane Departure Warning, either the left or right side of the seat vibrates, depending on the direction of lane drift. Forward Collision Alert signals both sides of the seat to vibrate
SAFE & CONNECTED: ONSTAR®
Available on most Sierra models is a 6-month trial subscription to the OnStar®4 Directions & Connections Plan. The plan includes:
- Automatic Crash Response
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Roadside Assistance
- Emergency Services Link
- Remote Door Unlock
PRO GRADE PROTECTION
Introducing GMC Pro Grade Protection. Two years of scheduled maintenance and service*, a 3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to- Bumper Warranty and a 5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty that could take you all the way to 2018—all included in your purchase of a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500.
2 YEARS/24,000 MILES OF SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
Your 2014 Sierra 1500 comes with 2 years/ 24,000 miles of scheduled maintenance* that includes:
- Oil and oil filter service
- Tire rotation
- Multipoint inspection
3-YEAR/36,000-MILE BUMPER-TO-BUMPER WARRANTY
GMC backs your new vehicle with its no-deductible, Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty†.