Inside the GMC Sierra, you’ll find purposefully designed details derived from Professional Grade engineering. From its driver-oriented instrumentation to its infotainment technology and premium amenities, Sierra puts you comfortably in command.
REAR VISION CAMERA
Make maneuvering and parking your Sierra easier with a clearer view of vehicles and objects behind you, displayed in your rearview mirror – or in the available navigation radio display. Rear Vision Camera available on most 1500 models.
Engineered and designed to maximize your comfort and that of your passengers, Sierra’s interior is accommodating – whether you’re on a long trip with the family or a quick ride around town – with features like:
- Available dual-zone climate control
- Standard 40/20/40 front split bench seats with a center fold-down armrest for generous storage space
- Available heated and cooled front bucket seats
- Available steering-wheel-mounted radio controls
CONNECTED AND IN
Sierra keeps you connected to the information you need and the entertainment you want with features like:
- Available SiriusXM Satellite Radio,3which delivers over 130 channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, talk and more
- Available Bluetooth®4 personal cellphone connectivity to audio system for hands-free calling
- The available 7” in-dash navigation system with 2-D or 3-D map graphics and 3 months of NavTraffic3
Sierra’s bold lines, signature stance and premium fit and finish show the attention to detail that goes into every Sierra
Get to your cargo quicker with the Sierra Extended Cab models. Their standard 170-degree rear-door opening makes it easy to fold the seats up, stow/organize cargo and access the rear seat.
A SOLID FOUNDATION
Sierra’s sturdy, hydroformed, boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase Sierra’s structural rigidity and resist bending, twisting and shaking. The result? A quieter, smoother ride.
Give your Sierra an even more confident, sleek stance with available 20” chrome-clad wheels.
PACKAGES & CONFIGURATIONS
Whether your work or play takes you off-road, around town, or to the job site, Sierra offers available packages that answer the toughest demands.
All Terrain Package includes:
- Z71 Off-Road Suspension
- Heavy Duty Trailering package
- Rancho® shocks
- Unique 4-bar chrome grille
- Power-folding outside mirrors
- Chrome-clad aluminum wheels
POWER TECH PACKAGE
This package offers exceptional value on our most popular features, including:
- The Vortec 5.3L V8 engine
- Heavy-Duty Trailering Package
- Bluetooth4 for phone connectivity
- EZ-Lift Locking Tailgate
- Power driver’s seat
- Auto-locking rear differential
Chrome Essentials Package includes:
- 6” oval-chromed, tubular assist steps
- Polished exhaust tip
- Chrome door handles and mirror caps
- 18” chrome-clad aluminum wheels
Sierra’s Vortec engines use an innovative “vortex technology” that mixes the incoming air and fuel for enhanced performance and fuel economy2. This technology helps deliver torque, smoothness and efficiency.
Sierra puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
- The available integrated trailer brake controller is located close to the steering wheel for easy adjustments and displays the level of brake force or “gain” in the Driver Information Center
- Standard Trailer Sway Control technology keeps the vehicle trailer heading in the proper direction, automatically using sensors to detect the rocking of a swaying trailer, and then applying the brakes to bring it back in line
Sierra puts the latest engine and vehicle technologies at your command:
- Driver Shift Control: Move through the gears like a manual transmission with the convenience of an automatic
- Hill Start Assist: Senses potential “roll back” situations and holds full brake pressure when you lift your foot from the pedal. It gives you up to 1.5 extra seconds to apply power and drive off.
The foundation of Sierra’s Never Say Never capability is its intelligent melding of power and performance. Sierra offers the widest range of full-size pickup V8 gas engines – 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L Hybrid and 6.2L – with output that ranges from 302 to 403 HP.
We know what it means to work hard and to work smart. So we engineered the GMC Sierra to deliver the trailering capability you demand. With the available MAX Trailering Package, Sierra offers up to 10,700 lbs. of trailering capacity.5 For more information about trailer ratings and load management click here.
Sierra’s front suspension is coil-over-shock – as opposed to torsion-bar suspension designs – delivering improved ride quality and handling. When your work takes you off the beaten path, Sierra’s available Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package is ready to tame the toughest terrain.
EATON® AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers an available fully automatic locking rear differential for on- or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels
- Locks to turn both wheels in unison
Sierra comes standard with safety innovations engineered to give you and your passengers peace of mind. It’s also why Sierra received a 5-star overall side crash safety rating from NHTSA.6
STABILITRAK® STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay on the path in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs and then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
Engineered into every Sierra are additional strength and protection:
- Hydroformed-steel-reinforced safety cage design
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System7
- Dual-stage frontal air bags,6 driver and right front passenger seat-mounted side-impact air bags and outboard front and rear occupant head-curtain side air bags7
SAFE & CONNECTED: ONSTAR®
Sierra is available with a 6-month trial subscription to the OnStar10 Directions & Connections Plan. The plan includes:
- Automatic Crash Response
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation
- Roadside Assistance
- Emergency Services Link
- Remote Door Unlock
Traction control measures and compares the speed of your wheels. If it senses one or more wheels starting to spin, the system applies individual brakes and manages power to slow the wheel down to maintain traction.
No competitor has better V8 fuel economy than the Sierra11. Sierra XFE (Xtra Fuel Economy) offers an EPA-estimated 22 MPG highway and a 26-gallon tank to let you go up to 572 hwy miles between fill-ups12.
ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT
Sierra’s available Active Fuel Management technology maximizes fuel economy:
- When starting or idling, the system delivers the responsive power of all eight engine cylinders
- At cruising speed, Active Fuel Management temporarily deactivates four cylinders to give you outstanding full-size pickup fuel economy
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.2L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
- Monitoring, opening and closing valves for near-peak levels of torque across the entire range of engine speeds