Inside the GMC Sierra Hybrid, you’ll find purposefully designed details of our Professional Grade engineering. From its driver-oriented instrumentation to its infotainment technology and premium amenities, Sierra Hybrid puts you comfortably in command.
Sierra Hybrid’s accommodating and driver-centric interior features give you and your passengers everything you need to ride in comfort.
- Standard 40/20/40 front split bench seats with a center fold-down armrest for generous storage space
- Available leather-appointed front bucket seats with 6-way power adjusters for both driver and front passenger
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control for driver and front passenger
REAR VISION CAMERA
Make tricky maneuvers simple with the available Rear Vision Camera system:
- Easily back up to a trailer or negotiate a tight space
- See vehicles or obstacles clearer behind you
- View display in your rearview mirror or on Navigation radio, if equipped
CONNECTED AND IN CONTROL
Sierra Hybrid’s driver-oriented instrumentation puts your navigation, information and entertainment all within reach.
- The available 7” touchscreen Navigation System provides detailed graphics with turn-by-turn directions, built-in hard drive, as well as a hybrid flow display that illustrates how the engine is operating
- Available Bose® premium sound system
- Standard Bluetooth®2 wireless technology pairs with your Bluetooth device for hands-free operation and dialing
Built on the strongest light-duty pickup frame GMC has ever constructed, Sierra Hybrid gives you the confidence to know you can carry the weight. From the chrome grille to the steel frame, every element of Sierra Hybrid is Professional Grade.
STRENGTH AT ITS CORE
- Sierra Hybrid has a fully boxed frame that helps it resist bending, twisting and shaking
- Increases structural rigidity
- Isolates road noise and provides smooth driving dynamics
- Provides a strong, stable platform for the engine and cab
- Power-adjustable mirrors and chrome-clad wheels enhance Sierra Hybrid’s function and style
- Heated mirrors help remove snow, frost and fogging
- Available automatic dimming mirror deflects glare on driver’s side (Standard on 3HB)
- 18" chrome-clad aluminum wheels
Sierra Hybrid’s standard soft tonneau cover shields your cargo and helps protect your truck bed from harsh weather.
- Roll-up design shields cargo
- Constructed with integrated crossbows
- 3-piece hard tonneau standard on 3HB models
America’s first 2-mode hybrid full-size pickup, Sierra Hybrid can operate on engine power alone or a combination of engine and electric power.
TWO-MODE HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM
Sierra Hybrid’s transmission has two integral electronic motors to give you smooth, effortless power. At higher speeds and heavier loads, the V8 engages to give you power.
PROVEN BATTERY POWER
The 300-volt battery pack built with Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) technology provides ample power without sacrificing capacity. Small enough to fit under the rear seat, the battery pack doesn’t effect your cargo space and passenger capacity.
During normal stops, regenerative braking uses the motors in the hybrid transmission as generators to decelerate the vehicle by applying resistance in the motors rather than brake friction. At the same time, the motors are capturing that energy as electricity in the 300-volt battery pack, electricity that is available for the next acceleration cycle.
Designed as a pickup first and hybrid second, Sierra Hybrid works hard, hauls cargo, transports passengers and trailers load just like gas-powered Sierra models. That makes it the perfect choice when drivers need capability, but want enhanced fuel economy3.
Sierra Hybrid can handle over 1,500 lbs of payload4 and offers up to 6,100 lbs of conventional trailering capacity.5 With Heavy Duty Trailering Equipment standard, you get:
- Trailering hitch platform and 2" receiver
- 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector
- Wiring harness for aftermarket trailer brake controller
- Single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp
- External transmission oil cooler
For more information about trailer ratings and load management.
6.0L V8 ENGINE
Sierra Hybrid gives you conservation without compromise. Featuring a 6.0L V8 engine with VVT (Variable Valve Timing), you get 332 horsepower and 367 lb-ft of torque, for strong, steady power at a standstill and bold acceleration on the highway.
EATON® AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers fully automatic locking rear differential for on or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels
- Locks to turn both wheels in unison
Sierra Hybrid comes standard with the kind of Professional Grade safety innovations engineered to give you and your passengers peace of mind. It’s also why Sierra Hybrid received a 5-star overall side crash safety rating from NHTSA.6
STABILITRAK® STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay on the path you are steering in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs and then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
Engineered into every Sierra Hybrid is additional strength and protection:
- Hydroformed-steel-reinforced safety cage design
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System6
- Dual-stage frontal air bags7, driver and right front passenger seat-mounted side-impact air bags and outboard front and rear occupant head-curtain side air bags8
SAFE & CONNECTED: ONSTAR
Sierra Hybrid has a standard 6-month trial subscription to the OnStar®10 Directions & Connections Plan. The plan includes:
- Automatic Crash Response
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation
- Roadside Assistance
- Emergency Services Link
- Remote Door Unlock
Traction control measures and compares the speed of your wheels. If it senses one or more wheels starting to spin, the system applies individual brakes and manages power to slow the wheel down to maintain traction.
Sierra Hybrid was engineered to offer conservation without compromise—taking the best of both gas and electric propulsion to provide efficient power in any situation, making it the most advanced full-size pickup available.
BETTER CITY FUEL ECONOMY THAN ANY VEHICLE IN ITS CLASS11
- On the highway, Sierra Hybrid has an EPA-estimated 23 MPG
- 33% increase in EPA-estimated city fuel economy compared to our most efficient gasoline-only Sierra12
ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT
GMC’s 6.0L V8 engine can seamlessly shift from eight to four cylinders temporarily whenever less power is needed. When the situation changes and you need more power, Active Fuel Management engages all eight cylinders for maximum power. Active Fuel Management gives gas mileage advantages without sacrificing power, towing capacity or other truck capabilities.
- For maximum fuel economy when you don't need extra power, AFM can deactivate four of the engine's eight cylinders
- Fuel efficiency gauge provides feedback on how efficiently your vehicle is being driven