Sierra 2500HD is designed, engineered and built to get things done. That’s why our engineers created an organized, driver-centric cab as comfortable as it is capable.
CARGO AND COMFORT
With a 60/40-split folding rear seat, fold it down when you need room for passengers, or fold it up for additional cargo space.2 (Available on Crew Cab and Extended Cab SLE and SLT models).
POWER FRONT SEATING
Get comfortable more easily with power-adjustable front seats. Power driver seat adjustment is available for 40/20/40 seating with select equipment packages, and power driver and passenger seats are included with all bucket seats in SLE (6-way) and SLT (10-way).
Sierra 2500HD offers a host of features to keep you connected while on the road.
- Available Bluetooth®3 for phone wireless technology lets your Bluetooth enabled device work through the controls and features already installed in your Sierra 2500HD, including hands-free operation and dialing
- Enjoy a 3-month trial of SiriusXM4 with over 130 channels, including commercial-free music, plus the best sports, news, talk, comedy and entertainment
- Get turn-by-turn directions through OnStar®5 standard for six months over your vehicle’s speakers
- The available 7” touchscreen Navigation System6 provides detailed 2-D or 3-D map graphics with turn-by-turn directions, as well as a built-in hard drive with pause and play capability for live broadcasts
The Sierra 2500HD is the very essence of Professional Grade confidence. With its bold lines, signature stance and premium fit and finish, Sierra 2500HD is built to impress.
FULLY BOXED FRAME
Our engineers refused to sacrifice ride quality for capability. Sierra 2500HD’s sturdy, hydroformed, fully boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase structural rigidity, resist bending, twisting and shaking. This helps isolate road noise and offers smoother driving dynamics.
Sierra 2500HD announces its presence with impressive accents that make a statement, including:
- Chrome grille surround
- Chrome accents and bumpers
- Available 20” polished aluminum wheels
Gain a more secure foothold for easier entry. GMC Sierra 2500HD offers sturdy, rust-resistant assist steps, available in chrome or powder black finishes.
TRAILERING AND HAULING
We engineered the new Sierra 2500HD to exceed your performance expectations, pushing it to the limit to deliver the kind of capability you demand.
Trailer confidently with Sierra 2500HD:
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity of 13,000 lbs7
- Maximum 5th wheel trailering capacity of 17,800 lbs7
- Maximum payload of 4,212 lbs8
For more information about traller ratings and load managment.
Sierra 2500HD puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
- Available integrated trailer brake controller is located close to the steering wheel for easy adjustments and displays the level of brake force or “gain” in the Driver Information Center
- Standard Trailer Sway Control Technology keeps both you and your trailer heading in the proper direction, automatically using sensors to detect the rocking of a swaying trailer, and then applying the brakes to bring it back in line
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 2500HD utilizes various technology to assure you stay at the desired speeds:
- The available diesel exhaust brake uses engine compression to create “negative torque” to help slow the vehicle
- Grade Braking which automatically senses when you want to slow down, and when the conditions are met, engages a Grade Braking shift schedule to help you maintain your desired speed
HEAVY-DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE
The available Heavy-Duty Trailering Package gives your Sierra 2500HD the capability to trailer just about anything. The package includes
- Trailering hitch platform and 2.5” receiver with 2” adapter
- 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector
- Wiring harness for aftermarket trailer brake controller (located in the instrument panel harness)
- Single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp
- Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential and external transmission oil cooler
We built the Sierra 2500HD to deliver everything you expect from a heavy duty truck—and then we exceeded those expectations with the most powerful Sierra ever.
DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The advanced Duramax diesel in the Sierra 2500HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system.
Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for the U.S. Army M1 Tank.
DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 2500HD start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºF and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
Sierra 2500HD delivers a smoother ride with a fully independent coil-over-shock front suspension and 3-inch wide multistage rear leaf springs, that engage progressively as the load in the bed or the hitch increases.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
- Monitoring and opening and closing valves for near peak levels of torque across the entire range of engine speeds
EATON AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers an available fully automatic locking rear differential for on or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels
- Locks to turn both wheels in unison
From its reinforced steel safety cage design, airbags,9 available OnStar5 and more, you have peace of mind before you even step foot in the Sierra 2500HD.
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay sure-footed in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to steering inputs, then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
Sierra 2500HD features standard driver and front passenger-side air bags9. Available head curtain side-impact air bags10 give extra protection to outboard passengers, and with the available seat-mounted side-impact air bags you and your passengers are completely enveloped in protection.
ONSTAR® VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
OnStar5 vehicle diagnostics service is available with a 6-month trial subscription to OnStar and runs hundreds of checks on the engine, transmission, antilock brakes and more. OnStar can even check your vehicle as you drive, and you can get an easy-to-read monthly report. That’s peace of mind when you need it.
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
Sierra 2500HD’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System11 monitors all four tires, letting you know when one goes below the recommended pressure.
Sierra 2500HD’s available DuramaxTM 6.6L V8 Turbo Diesel engine and Allison transmission provides improved power without sacrificing fuel economy.
DURAMAX B20 DIESEL CAPABILITY
To reduce carbon-dioxide emissions and stretch your fuel budget further, the available 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine is engineered to operate on B20 biodiesel, a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel produced from domestic, renewable resources, and 80 percent petroleum diesel.
Sierra 2500HD is available with flexible and economical Bi-Fuel CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) capability. The Bi-Fuel-capable Sierra Vortec 6.0L V8 engine seamlessly transitions between CNG and gasoline to help you manage fuel costs – and minimize environmental impact. (Available on extended cab).
36-GALLON FUEL TANK
Sierra 2500HD’s large 36-gallon tank helps you go up to an estimated 680 highway miles between fill ups.