Sierra 2500HD Denali puts a premium on comfort and convenience with refined features such as high-quality leather-appointed seating and soft touch materials, chrome and wood-grain details and the latest infotainment technology.
With Sierra 2500HD Denali, comfort comes standard. Features include:
- Heated and cooled driver and front passenger 12-way power adjustable bucket seats
- Perforated nuance leather designed to provide comfort and ventilation
- Brushed metal and wood-grain accents throughout the cabin
- Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with radio controls
The well-equipped Sierra 2500HD Denali offers standard and available convenience features:
- The standard rear-vision camera, shown on the rearview mirror or navigation screen, makes it easier to back up to a trailer or negotiate a tight space
- The available 7” in-dash navigation system with 2-D or 3-D map graphics and 3 months of NavTraffic2
- Available Bluetooth®3 for phone wireless technology lets your Bluetooth enabled device work through the controls and features already installed in your Sierra, including hands-free operation and dialing
- MP3-compatible 6-disc CD player
BOSE® SOUND SYSTEM
Sierra 2500HD Denali features standard Bose® Centerpoint surround-sound system with SurroundStage® signal processing. This technology, along with AudioPilot® noise compensation, delivers five independent channels from existing two-channel recordings for the sensation of a live performance while you drive.
Sierra 2500HD Denali’s signature exterior design cues are the very essence of Professional Grade confidence. Denali announces its presence with a unique chrome grille, chrome accents and available 20” polished aluminum wheels. Coupled with its bold stance and meticulous attention to detail, this Sierra makes a bold impression.
FULLY BOXED HYDROFORMED FRAME
Our engineers refused to sacrifice ride quality for capability. Sierra 2500HD's sturdy, hydroformed, fully boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase structural rigidity, resist bending, twisting and shaking. This helps isolate road noise and offers smoother driving dynamics.
HEATED POWER RETRACTABLE MIRRORS
These standard mirrors are heated to remove snow, frost and fogging, and feature integrated turn indicators that signal your intentions to other drivers. The driver’s side mirror dims automatically to deflect glare away from your line of sight. Both mirrors fold back for extra clearance in close parking situations or to help prevent damage in automatic car washes.
POWER-SLIDING REAR WINDOW
Sierra 2500HD Denali offers the convenience of an available power-sliding rear window. Get flow-through ventilation at the touch of a button.
REAR WHEELHOUSE LINERS
These black liners help protect the rear wheelhouse areas of your truck from damage caused by rocks, dirt, salt, road debris and weather elements.
TRAILERING AND HAULING
We engineered the Sierra 2500HD Denali to exceed your performance expectations, pushing it to the limit to deliver the kind of capability you demand.
Trailer confidently with Sierra 2500HD Denali.
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity of 13,000 lbs4
- Maximum 5th wheel trailering capacity of 16,500 lbs4
- Maximum payload of 3,193 lbs5
For more information about trailer ratings and load managementclick here.
Sierra 2500HD Denali puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
- Standard integrated trailer brake controller is located close to the steering wheel for easy adjustments and displays the level of brake force or “gain” in the Driver Information Center
- Standard Trailer Sway Control technology keeps both you and your trailer heading in the proper direction, automatically using sensors to detect the rocking of a swaying trailer, and then applying the brakes to bring it back in line
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 2500HD Denali utilizes various technologies to ensure that you stay at the desired speeds:
- The available diesel exhaust brake uses engine compression to create “negative torque” to help slow the vehicle
- Automatic Grade Braking senses when you want to slow down, and when the conditions are met, engages a Grade Braking shift schedule to help you maintain your desired speed
HEAVY-DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE
The available Heavy-Duty Trailering Package gives your Sierra 2500HD Denali the capability to trailer just about anything. The package includes:
- Trailering hitch platform and 2.5" receiver with 2" adapter
- 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector
- Wiring harness for aftermarket trailer brake controller (located in the instrument panel harness)
- Single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp
- Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential and external transmission oil cooler
The Sierra 2500HD Denali delivers powerful performance, efficiently. We engineered to Professional Grade standards to give you all of the capability you expect – as well as some you wouldn’t.
DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The available Duramax™ diesel in the Sierra 2500HD Denali delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system. Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for the U.S. Army M1 Tank.
DURAMAX® DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 2500HD Denali start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºF and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
Sierra 2500HD Denali delivers a smoother ride with a fully independent coil-over-shock front suspension and 3-inch wide multistage rear leaf springs, that engage progressively as the load in the bed or on the hitch increases.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
- Monitoring and opening and closing valves for near peak levels of torque across the entire range of engine speeds
EATON® AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers a standard fully automatic locking rear differential for on or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels
- Locks to turn both wheels in unison
Safety is something that should never be compromised. That’s why our engineers continued to push the safety systems of the Sierra 2500HD Denali until they were worthy of carrying the Denali name.
The StabiliTrak® stability control system helps you stay sure-footed in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs, then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
Sierra 2500HD Denali features standard driver and front passenger air bags.6 Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags6and head curtain side air bags7 are also standard to provide added protection for you and outboard seated passengers.
ONSTAR® VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
OnStar®8 vehicle diagnostics service is available with a 6-month trial subscription to OnStar® and runs hundreds of checks on your engine, transmission, antilock brakes and more. OnStar can even check your vehicle as you drive, and you can get an easy-to-read monthly report. That’s peace of mind when you need it.
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
Sierra 2500HD Denali’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System9monitors all four tires, letting you know when one goes below the recommended pressure.
Sierra 2500HD Denali embodies GMC’s Never Say Never approach with its available 6.6L Duramax Diesel V8 Turbo engine and Allison transmission that provides improved power without sacrificing fuel economy.
DURAMAX B20 DIESEL CAPABILITY
To reduce carbon-dioxide emissions and stretch your fuel budget further, the available 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine is engineered to operate on B20 biodiesel, a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel produced from domestic, renewable resources, and 80 percent petroleum diesel.
36-GALLON FUEL TANK
Sierra 2500HD Denali’s large 36-gallon tank helps you go up to an estimated 680 highway miles between fill ups.10