Sierra 3500HD is designed, engineered and built to get things done. That’s why our engineers created an organized, driver-centric cab filled with technology to keep you comfortable, capable and connected.
Extend your capabilities just by activating the available Bluetooth®2 feature on your compatible phone or portable device. This lets your Bluetooth device work through the controls and features already installed in your Sierra 3500 HD, including:
- Hands-free operation and dialing
- Receive calls over your vehicle’s speakers
SIRIUSXM SATELLITE RADIO
Enjoy available SiriusXM satellite radio3 in your Sierra 3500HD with the XMPremier Package. Only SiriusXM brings you more of what you love, all in one place.
- Get over 130 channels, including commercial-free music
- Plus you get the best sports, news, talk, comedy and entertainment
Sierra 3500HD lets you choose the view on the large 7” display in the dash:
- In drive, the available Navigation System gives you turn-by-turn directions with 2-D or 3-D map graphics
- In reverse, the display screen helps to show what the available Rear Vision Camera sees behind you, so you can easily park, or hitch a trailer
Our Never Say Never attitude has yielded a truck that’s the very essence of Professional Grade confidence – Sierra 3500HD. With its bold lines, signature stance and premium fit and finish, Sierra 3500HD is built to be as impressive as it is capable.
AVAILABLE ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION HEIGHT
For ride comfort with no sacrifice to strength, Sierra HDs have an independent front suspension with features designed specifically for the constant grind of HD use. Features like:
- An available Gross Front axle rating of up to 5,600 lbs4
- An available adjustable ride-height adjustment. This torsion-bar suspension design allows you to make adjustments in minutes, with a single wrench
Standard manual-folding mirrors come with a lower convex spotter glass for wider visibility. Available heated, power-adjustable mirrors feature integrated turn signal indicators and manually fold or extend out from the vehicle. The lower convex mirror is not heated.
Sierra 3500HD announces its presence with impressive accents that make a statement, including:
- Chrome grille surround
- Chrome accents and bumpers
FULLY BOXED FRAME
Our engineers refused to sacrifice ride quality for capability. Sierra 3500HD’s sturdy, hydroformed, fully boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase structural rigidity, resist bending, twisting and shaking. This helps isolate road noise and offers smoother driving dynamics.
TRAILERING AND HAULING
You need to rely on your truck to deliver capable performance every time, without fail. So when we engineered the Sierra 3500HD, we pushed it to the limits so that it will deliver the kind of capability you demand.
Trailer confidently with Sierra 3500HD:
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity (Single Rear Wheel) of 13,000 lbs5
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity (Dual Rear Wheels) of 18,000 lbs5
- Maximum 5th wheel trailering capacity of 23,100 lbs5
- Maximum payload of 7,222 lbs6
For more information about trailer ratings and load managementclick here.
Sierra 3500HD puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
- Standard integrated trailer brake controller is located close to the steering wheel for easy adjustments and displays the level of brake force or “gain” in the Driver Information Center
- Standard Trailer Sway Control Technology keeps both you and your trailer heading in the proper direction, automatically using sensors to detect the rocking of a swaying trailer, and then applying the brakes to bring it back in line (Single Rear Wheel models only)
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 3500HD utilizes various technology to assure you stay at the desired speeds like:
- The available diesel exhaust brake uses engine compression to create “negative torque” to help slow the vehicle
- Grade Braking which automatically senses when you want to slow down, and when the conditions are met, engages a Grade Braking shift schedule to help you maintain your desired speed
HEAVY-DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE
Whether heading to the lake or the job site, the standard Heavy-Duty Trailering Package gives your Sierra 3500HD the capability to trailer just about anything. The package includes:
- Trailering hitch platform and 2.5" receiver with 2" adapter
- 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector
- Wiring harness for aftermarket trailer brake controller (located in the instrument panel harness)
- Single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp
- Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential and external transmission oil cooler
We built the Sierra 3500HD to deliver everything you expect from a heavy duty truck—and then we exceeded those expectations with the most powerful Sierra ever.
DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The available Duramax diesel in the Sierra 3500HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system.
Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for the U.S. Army M1 Tank.
DURAMAX® DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 3500HD start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºF and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
- Available on Duramax Diesel 6.6L V8 Turbo engine only
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
- Monitoring and opening and closing valves for near peak levels of torque across the entire range of engine speeds
EATON AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers a standard fully automatic locking rear differential for on- or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels
- Locks to turn both wheels in unison
From its hydroformed steel-reinforced safety cage design, StabiliTrak stability control system, OnStar and more, you have peace of mind before you even step foot in the Sierra 3500HD.
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay sure-footed in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs, then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control. Standard on Single-Rear Wheel models only.
Sierra 3500HD features standard driver and front passenger air bags7. Available head curtain side-impact air bags8 give extra protection to outboard passengers, and with the available seat-mounted side-impact air bags you and your passengers are completely enveloped in protection. (Single rear wheel models only)
ONSTAR VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
OnStar9 vehicle diagnostics service is available with a 6-month trial subscription to OnStar and runs hundreds of checks on your engine, transmission, antilock brakes and more. OnStar can even check your vehicle as you drive, and you can get an easy-to-read monthly report. That’s peace of mind when you need it.
Sierra 3500HD’s available 6.6L Duramax Diesel V8 Turbo engine and Allison transmission provides improved power without sacrificing fuel economy.
AVAILABLE DURAMAX B20 DIESEL CAPABILITY
To reduce carbon-dioxide emissions and stretch your fuel budget further, the 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine is engineered to operate on B20 biodiesel, a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel produced from domestic, renewable resources, and 80 percent petroleum diesel.
FLEX FUEL CAPABILITY
To give you more choices at the pump, the 6.0L V8 (L96) is capable of running on E85 ethanol. This advanced biofuel is a mostly renewable fuel that burns cleaner than gasoline.
36-GALLON FUEL TANK
Sierra 3500HD’s large 36-gallon tank helps you go up to an estimated 680 highway miles between fill ups.