Sierra 3500HD Denali puts a premium on comfort and convenience with refined features such as high-quality leather-appointments and soft touch materials, chrome and wood-grain details and the latest infotainment technology.
With Sierra 3500HD Denali, comfort comes standard. Features include:
- Heated and cooled driver and front passenger 12-way power adjustable bucket seats
- Perforated nuance leather designed to provide comfort and ventilation
- Brushed metal and wood-grain accents throughout the cabin
- Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with radio controls
The well-equipped Sierra 3500HD Denali offers standard and available convenience features:
- The standard rear-vision camera, shown on the rearview mirror or navigation screen, makes it easier to back up to a trailer or negotiate a tight space
- The available 7” in-dash navigation system with 2-D or 3-D map graphics and 3 months of NavTraffic2
- Standard Bluetooth®3 3500HD Denali wireless technology lets your Bluetooth-compatible device work through the controls and features already installed in your Sierra, including hands-free operation and dialing
- MP3-compatible 6-disc CD player
BOSE® SOUND SYSTEM
Sierra 3500HD Denali features standard Bose® Centerpoint surround-sound system with SurroundStage® signal processing. This technology, along with AudioPilot® noise compensation, delivers five independent channels from existing two-channel recordings for the sensation of a live performance while you drive.
Sierra 3500HD Denali’s signature exterior design cues are the very essence of Professional Grade confidence. Denali announces its presence with a unique chrome grille, chrome accents and available 20” polished aluminum wheels. Coupled with its bold stance and meticulous attention to detail, this Sierra makes a bold impression.
FULLY BOXED FRAME
Our engineers refused to sacrifice ride quality for capability. Sierra 3500HD Denali’s sturdy, hydroformed, fully boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase structural rigidity, resist bending, twisting and shaking. This helps isolate road noise and offers smoother driving dynamics.
ADJUSTABLE FRONT SUSPENSION TRIM HEIGHT
For ride comfort with no sacrifice to strength, Sierra HDs have an independent front suspension designed specifically for the constant punishment of HD use. With an available unsurpassed pickup Gross Front axle rating of up to 6,000 lbs,4 this torsion- bar suspension design allows you to make seasonal ride-height adjustments in minutes, with a single wrench.
EZ-LIFT LOCKING TAILGATE
Sierra 3550HD Denali standard EZ-Lift Locking Tailgate uses a spring to make opening and closing your tailgate easier than ever.
REAR WHEELHOUSE LINERS
These black liners help protect the rear wheelhouse areas of your truck from damage caused by rocks, dirt, salt, road debris and weather elements. (Single Rear Wheel models only)
POWER-SLIDING REAR WINDOW
Sierra 3500HD Denali offers the convenience of an available power-sliding rear window. Get flow-through ventilation at the touch of a button.
TRAILERING AND HAULING
We engineered the Sierra 3500HD Denali to exceed your performance expectations, pushing it to the limit so it didn’t just look like a Denali, but that it also performed like one delivering the capability you demand.
Sierra 3500HD Denali yields some impressive capability numbers such as:
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity up to 18,000 lbs5
- Maximum 5th wheel trailering capacity up to 22,600 lbs5
- Maximum payload of up to 6,114 lbs6
For more information about trailer ratings and load management
Trailer confidently with Sierra 3500HD Denali. Sierra 3500HD Denali puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips with:
- Standard integrated trailer brake controller located close to the steering wheel for easy adjustments and displays the level of brake force or “gain” in the driver Information Center
- Standard Trailer Sway Control Technology keeps both you and your trailer heading in the proper direction, automatically using sensors to detect the rocking of a swaying trailer, and then applying the brakes to bring it back in line (SRW models only)
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 3500HD Denali utilizes various technology to assure you stay at the desired speeds:
- The available diesel exhaust brake uses engine compression to create “negative torque” to help slow the vehicle
- Automatic Grade Braking senses when senses when you want to slow down, and when the conditions are met, engages a Grade Braking shift schedule to help you maintain your desired speed
HEAVY-DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE
Whether heading to the lake or the job site, the standard Heavy-Duty Trailering Package gives your Sierra 3500HD Denali the capability to trailer just about anything. The package includes:
- Trailering hitch platform and 2.5" receiver with a 2” adapter
- 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector
- Wiring harness for aftermarket trailer brake controller (located in the instrument panel harness)
- Single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp
- Heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential and external transmission oil cooler
From impressive capability to a smooth ride even under weight; from pure power to fuel management technology, Sierra 3500HD is engineered to perform.
Sierra 3500HD Denali wasn’t built to just look good. It was built to get the job done. Whether you choose the Single Rear Wheel or Dual Rear Wheel configuration, Sierra 3500HD Denali provides impressive payload numbers like:
- A maximum payload capacity up to 4,100 lbs.6 for Single Rear Wheel models
- A maximum payload capacity up to 6,114 lbs.6 for Dual Rear Wheel models
AVAILABLE DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The advanced Duramax diesel in the Sierra 3500HD Denali delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system.
Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for the U.S. Army M1 Tank.
DURAMAX® DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 3500HD Denali start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºF and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
- Monitoring and opening and closing valves for near peak levels of torque across the entire range of engine speeds
EATON AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers a standard fully automatic locking rear differential for on- or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels
- Locks to turn both wheels in unison
Safety is something that should never be compromised. That’s why our engineers continued to push the safety systems of the Sierra 3500HD Denali until they were worthy of carrying the Denali name.
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay sure-footed in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs, then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.(Single Rear Wheel Models Only).
Sierra 3500HD Denali features driver and front passenger air bags. Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags7 and head curtain side-impact air bags8 are also standard to provide added protection for you and outboard seated passengers. (Single rear wheel models only)
ONSTAR VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
OnStar®9 vehicle diagnostics service is available with a 6-month trial subscription to OnStar and runs hundreds of checks on your engine, transmission, antilock brakes and more. OnStar can even check your vehicle as you drive, and you can get an easy-to-read monthly report. That’s peace of mind when you need it.
Sierra 3500HD Denali embodies GMC’s Never Say Never approach with its available 6.6L Duramax Diesel V8 Turbo engine and Allison transmission that provides improved power without sacrificing fuel economy.
DURAMAX B20 DIESEL CAPABILITY
To reduce carbon-dioxide emissions and stretch your fuel budget further, the 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine is engineered to operate on B20 biodiesel, a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel produced from domestic, renewable resources, and 80 percent petroleum diesel.
36-GALLON FUEL TANK
Sierra 3500HD Denali’s large 36-gallon tank helps you go up to an estimated 680 highway miles between fill ups.